Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Easy Shepherd's Pie

This recipe was a staple growing up, so naturally I am making it now that I have my own family. It is super quick and easy to throw together and everyone loves it!

Easy Shepherd's Pie
INGREDIENTS
1 lbs ground beef  (I use anywhere from 1-2 pounds with this recipe)
1 can tomato soup
half small can of tomato sauce
1 can water (fill empty tomato soup can 3/4 to all the way full, stir, then add)
1-2 cups frozen vegetables
prepared instant OR fresh mashed potatoes
Cheddar for topping

DIRECTIONS
1. Brown beef until no longer pink and drain grease
2. Over medium high heat, add can of tomato soup, can of water, half can of tomato sauce, and stir
* I add tomato sauce here to cut the sweetness of the tomato soup that I've noticed lately. I have also added some fresh salsa, jarred salsa, or spaghetti sauce *
3. Add frozen vegetables and stir.
4. Cook until vegetables are hot and the sauce has reduced (you don't want it to be runny). The mixture may start to boil, this is OK, just make sure to keep stirring so the bottom does not burn.

Serve meat mixture topped with a scoop of potatoes and cheddar cheese.

Enjoy!

Linking up: Gingersnap Crafts ,DIY by Design , Crafty Blog Stalker ,


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. My husbands favorite dish! I will have to try for him, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my son's favorite dish. I have to try this recipe. I will be featuring this tonight at my Sizzle into Summer party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...