Saturday, October 4, 2014

{Pinned there, Done that} Avocado, Tomato, & Mozzarella Grilled Cheese

The other night while planning my meal plan, I was looking for something to go along with my Tuscan Sausage Soup and I stumbled across this Avocado, Tomato, and Mozzarella Grilled cheese from Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife. Since I'm on an avocado kick I decided I had to try it.

It was great!! A nice "grown up" version of the grilled cheese.

In case the recipe gets lost online, here you go (not that you couldn't probably figure it out):

Avocado, Mozzarella and Tomato Grilled Cheese
src: Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife

Ingredients
Bread
1 avocado, sliced
2 pieces of Mozzarella cheese slices (I goofed and only put one... clearly I misread the instructions)
1 tomato, sliced
olive oil
salt
butter

Directions
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
2. Butter one side of 2 slices of whatever bread you're using. Place one slice butter side down in the pan.
3. Top with sliced avocado, mozzarella cheese slices and a couple slices of tomato. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Top with remaining piece of bread, butter side up.
4. Cook until bread it golden brown (2-3 minutes), then flip and brown the other side. Serve.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...